Thursday, August 21, 2014


tinyExpanse North Idaho

a blogging, painting, exploring good time up north!




Goodbye Montana, hello Idaho! 
Adventure begins at the eastern border. 


This is the first of my week of posts sharing my travels in north Idaho. I am on a painting road trip for Idaho Conservation League (ICL), exploring the places this amazing organization is working to protect in Sandpoint and beyond! The body of work created on this tour will be exhibited at the end of the week on August 29th at Panhandle State Bank in Sandpoint. (I'm apparently a glutton for pressure!)

My original plan was to start in Boise and work my way up to Bonner's Ferry, but I soon realized that there was WAY too much to explore in a week on that route through this state. So I began instead farther north, in the forested hills of the Montana-Idaho border. I painted my way to Sandpoint today, and my next adventures include routes around Priest Lake, Hope, and Bonner's Ferry. I am excited.

Coeur d'Alene River
Painting to travel and traveling to paint has become my passion, and I am grateful to ICL for inspiring and assisting my explorations of the never-ending variety and beauty of Idaho's landscapes. I had a heck of a time in Iceland earlier this summer, and was wowed over and over again but its natural beauty, but I was thrilled to discover upon my return that Idaho measures up.


I'm just glad not EVERYONE knows that yet.

Back on the road! 

No comments:

Post a Comment